Wednesday, May 13, 2015

The Purrsistance of Lazy




This is my style piece, and my overall favorite project that I worked on in the semester. I chose Salvador Dali for my style project because I have always loved his nonsensical dreamy artwork, and he himself seemed like such a quirky artist. This is based off of his piece 'The Persistance of Memory' the piece that I am sure everyone knows, with the melting clocks. I chose to put a tree against a dreamy background, and paint dripping and melting cats in the branches, because cats tend to melt into whatever they're sleeping on.

My favorite thing about this piece is the cats themselves, I adore the way I rendered them and feel like I did a really good job getting them to look sort of stylized and weird. They're fondly called booger cats because of the color and drippy nature. I think my two favorite cats are the ones on the lower branches, as I think they came out the best! I love the color choices and I feel like they all tie together so nicely. It's no secret that I adore cats, so getting to mix my favorite animal with my favorite artist was really fun, this was one of my favorite project overall because it allowed me to flex my idea muscles and really play with what I can do.

I also learned how to stretch a canvas for this piece, which will be handy for future pieces. Overall I feel like this is one of my strongest pieces, the color and composition just WORK really well for me, I'm really happy with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment